MarRI-UK is a national centre for maritime innovation and technology established by a consortium of British companies, academia and government.
It is hosted by the University of Strathclyde who act as data controller for any personal data held on behalf of MarRI-UK.
This privacy notice explains your personal information will be used and your rights under data protection legislation. Please take time to read it prior to providing your information.
Who will process my information?
The University of Strathclyde is the organisation responsible for your personal data in terms of data protection legislation (the data controller).
If you have any question regarding the handling of your personal data, or your rights, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How we use your information
We have set out below how we will use your information. For each type of processing activity, we are required to identify our lawful basis for processing personal data. This is set out in Appendix A.
Where do we obtain information from?
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or surveys.
- Information in correspondence that you send to MarRI-UK.
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We use your data for a variety of reasons including:
- responding to queries
- processing membership applications (members only)
- administrative and financial management (including the processing of payments)
- managing events
- general promotion of Mar-RI-UK
- To manage funding applications and awards
- To alert you to news and events
- To alert you to funding opportunities
- To operate the funding application review process
- To undertake Research outcomes collection, monitoring and evaluation;
- To support participation in events and workshops; this may include surveys and collecting information on dietary or accessibility requirements
- To ensure our terms and conditions of funding are met, including audit and assurance processes, research integrity and misconduct processes
- To manage access to research services, data and facilities
Detailed information regarding the purposes for which we process your personal data and our legal basis for processing can be found in Appendix A.
Who do we share your data with?
If you a member your data may be shared with the consortium members.
In some situations, MarRI-UK may be required to share your personal data with external organisations for example if they are arranging an event on our behalf. We will ensure adequate data protection controls are in place.
We will not routinely disclose your personal information, unless we have a legal obligation to do so or receive a request from law enforcement agencies or other bodies with regulatory powers.
Is my data secure?
Your personal data will be managed securely. Access will be restricted to only those staff or authorised agents who require it and on a ‘need to know’ basis. The University will employ any technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your data. You can find more information about our Information Security policies on our website.
You have the right to:
- find out what personal data we process about you and obtain a copy of the data, free of charge within one month of your request. We may make a charge for additional copies of the same information
- ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete data
- withdraw consent to process your personal data at any time, if you were asked for and provided consent (and where no other lawful basis for processing applies).
If you think we are acting unfairly or unlawfully you can:
- object to the way we are using your data; and
- complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to ask us to:
- restrict the use of your data e.g. if you have raised issues about the accuracy or use of your personal data, until we have investigated and responded to your concerns
- erase your information or tell us to stop using it to make decisions about you; and
- comply with your wishes where you have previously agreed to us processing your data for a particular purpose and have withdrawn your consent to further processing
Please contact us if you wish to exercise/enquire about any of these rights please contact email@example.com
Department of Design, Manufacturing, and Engineering Management
University of Strathclyde
James Weir Buidling 703
75 Montrose Street Glasgow, G1 1XJ
Ph. +44 141 574 5271
Changes to this Statement
MarRI-UK may make occasional changes to this privacy notice, MarRI-UK encourages you to review it regularly.
|Administration, management and legal purposes|
|Responding to enquiries||Consent|
|Management and administration of members (including contact details, images, relevant interests, etc.)||Contract; legitimate interests|
|Accounting and financial processes: payment of fees||Contract|
|Promotion MarRI-UK, e.g. press releases/images (moving and still)||Legitimate interests or consent |
|Marketing (non-members)||Consent |